life as a master degree student

assalamualaikum
currently, I'm in Kuching for my midsem break
but I'M PLANNING TO start collecting my data tomorrow
because my Viva is next month

I have 2 events coming up this month
if you're friends with me on my social media accounts you would know that I've been writing for this blog, Inpress Global
it's an initiative done by the previous class and we are continuing the legacy
click this link and this one to read my write up
and there's one more coming up next week

I've been receiving a lot of questions about my master degree
so I'm gonna write about my experience so far
my first semester was quite relaxing
I had to do a lot of reading
but I managed to go have my lunch and dinner outside
berjimba during the weekends at shopping malls
but towards the ends, it was a hell

last semester was a hell from the second months until the end of the semester
less reading compared to the first semester but the amount of assignments were overwhelming
I ACTUALLY STAYED AT HOME MOST OF THE TIME
because I can't afford to berjimba when I have a lot of pending works waiting to be finished'

I also start to do my dissertation during last semester
MY ADVICE IS, GO CONSULT YOUR SUPERVISOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
because you will have a defense proposal in the end of the semester and you can gain some useful advice from the panels
then you'll have the sem break to do it or even start collecting your data

during the third semester, you'll have about 3 months to finish your dissertation
which is a very limited time considering you'll have to attend other classes and do other assignments as well
WORST IS BEING FORCED TO PARTICIPATE IN EVENTS JUST LIKE MY CLASS
on top of your dissertation, midterm exam, assignments you'll have to write a proposal and waste a day or two to attend all these events
which I hope will bring me good return

whatever it is, you need to know how to manage your time wisely
you can't do cincai work because the lecturers want to know how your minds work so they don't have a specific answer scheme for your assignments and exams
they want you to give them your own opinions and back it up with examples
for mass comm students, you need to read a lot so you can give good examples

be prepared for LOTS OF PRESENTATIONS as well
during the first semester I had to do presentations EVERY WEEK
so I had to read newspapers every day so I can come up with a good one
finally, you NEED to maintain CGPA of 3.00 throughout your master degree
easy peasy right? lol

I think that's it so far
you can leave your questions below, if any
it's 1:35 am so I'm gonna hit the sack now
assalamualaikum :-)

Comments

Popular Posts