on manners

assalamualaikum
the other day, my friend left funny comments on one of the famous International hijabis Instagram
to give everyone a DEEPER UNDERSTANDING on what she's trying to say I'll translate them to English

L: the way she style her scarf makes her head looks like a light bulb
because it was really tight and some people do look like that when they style their hijab that way
Me: yes but she still looks really pretty even when her head looks like one
L: no wonder this photo looks really bright
it was a funny unintentional pun

I guess some people don't think the comments were funny
so another girl left a comment saying "it's very unmuslim of you to talk about people. Perangai tu jage banyk2 lah."
I was not offended that she mentioned us and trying to advising us
but the fact she used the word "UNMUSLIM"
it was sad because it was among a Muslim and her sisters of the same religion
I thought, we should know better
if you Google the word "unmuslim", it doesn't exist at the first place
another understanding of the word "unmuslim" would be "kafir" wallahualam


"Prophet Muhammad (Salalaho alehe wasalam) said : If a person says to his brother, O KAFIR (disbeliever) ! Then surely one of them is such. (i.e; Kafir) (Sahih Bukhari Volume 8 Book 73 Number 125)
Prophet Muhammad (Salalaho alehe wasalam) said : Any person who calls his brother: O Unbeliever! (then the truth of this label) would return to one of them. If it is true, (then it is) as he asserted, (but if it is not true), then it returns to him (and thus the person who made the accusation is an Unbeliever). [Sahih Muslim Book 001, Number 0117:]"
source: click here

that's why people always say the way you response to things around you will only reflect yourself
I'm not usually defensive
I even deleted my comments because I don't like to argue with people, especially strangers
because I don't know who he or she personally and I don't want to be judgmental

it's just that we as a human being, especially Muslims who live by the guidelines in the Al-Quran should refer back to the holy Al-Quran before making any statements
especially topics that are very sensitive before they'll come back to haunt us
I'm not saying I'm a perfect Muslim, I even raised my voice and made rude remarks
but never I speak about one's belief freely
that's just my two cent
assalaumualaikum :-)

Comments

Popular Posts